Monday, October 30, 2006

Stuff That!

Crocodile

Nikon D50 & Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX Zoom

I've been getting a bit stale recently; shooting a lot of stuff to test new cameras, but not really getting down to any serious (or frivolous) photography. Since moving to central Edinburgh, I decided to revive an old project by re-shooting some of my portraits of stuffed animals on better-quality digital (my first tries were in 2001 using a Canon G1, a camera not best suited to low-light work.)

Sketching Fox

Nikon D50 & Sigma 18-50 f2.8 EX Zoom; obligingly, she wore headphones,
so I could practically stick the camera in her ear
without her noticing the shutter click.

The faster response of my new cameras has meant that instead of just concentrating on the exhibits as I did the first time, more candids are creeping in too. I'm looking at extending the project out into the rest of the museum and maybe to others in Edinburgh too.
The existing images are on Flickr; just click on the pictures here to get to the set.

No comments: